Wednesday, February 1, 2012

And so it begins...

or actually, it began a few months ago, when I started researching externships for large animal students. But here is where I am. I am planning a cross-country camping expedition that will take me to my externships in Colorado and Montana, solo. I have planned to visit 13 state parks, 2 national parks, 1 national forest, and over 5 towns designated as USDA towns in veterinary need. I will pass through 12 different states, for a total of 7 weeks away from home!

My theme-word for this monumentous year in history (2012 - ha!) is to be "Atraveriamo!" - which is Italiano for "let's cross over," or "to cross over." I am hoping this year, complete with this road adventure will see me "cross over" from merely being a student of veterinary medicine, a consumer of the healing arts, to one who practices healing arts on others, and does so confidently. And, in a way, whether I feel ready or not, it will. I will be taking the veterinary board exam in December. Fingers crossed!

so the trip is to serve as a catalyst for my transformation. Time alone, intensive learning, spiritual places, and minimalist living will hopefully open my mind and my heart to the possibilities of vet medicine - to my own powers of healing that I just began to taste in 2011. I am hoping to use this space to log my travels and experiences for me and for you! So, please! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Britt's Current Events Calendar