Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Best Distraction Ever



I can't focus. I am so excited for my adventure. So today, instead of listening to a lecture (one of many) on Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus, I am googling images of Old Falls Road in Rocky Mountain National Park. We just added this park to our trip after visiting Brasington's Adventure Outfitters in Gainesville and speaking with their staff. The young gentleman there informed us that the through-road is functional in the summer, when we will be in the area. This information, coupled with an untimely flight change, turned out to be a windfall. We have a half-day with nothing planned, and a timely way to cross the Continental Divide!! BAM! Don't want to think about anything else right now!

UPDATE: Last night, while paging through my Adventure Road Atlas I got in a FLASH SALE at Brasington's, I found that I will be within 30 miles of Mount Rushmore when I drive through SD on my way home! I really don't think I can be so close to a national monument and not stop by. So I am currently distracted by my desire to evaluate the final leg of my trip to see how I can work in another spectacular photo op, and a 4th National Park. Somebody please mail me some "focusyn" - cuz I ain't got none here! Countdown to Adventure - T minus 31 days!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you, I can't stand it! I want to do what you're doing, the traveling part anyway. Maybe someday, when I get that novel published and a movie deal and get all famous and stuff...;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi! And you will, you just gotta SEE it!!! :)

      Delete

Britt's Current Events Calendar